50% reduction: check

Ok, so I got a new fine. I suppose I am not the best driver out there. 100 euro again, this time in Lanzarote. The car rental company sent me an e-mail and two weeks later I had the letter... I set an alarm one month later, and tried to complete the payment online. It would charge 100 euro. I called the number in the letter and in 30 seconds I got the 50% reduction again (more details here).

Apparently, Spanish Traffic Authority will rather re-open the early payment window than making a mistake. A friend got a fine last summer, and will be back in Mallorca in two weeks. He got the fine 9 or 10 months ago. Called this numer, told them they had used an old address and still got the 50% reduction. No reason to fear that he might get an on-the-spot fine back in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment